Thursday, October 2, 2008

Macbook Pros Will Have To Beat HP HDX18t

Unless you're set on OS X, the Macbook or Macbook Pro are the way to go.  But sometimes something will come along and screw all that up.

This time, it's HP's new HDX18t (HP's website is badly designed.  It takes you directly to their store and offers specs and data all mixed together).  I did a simple configuration on HP's store and this is what I came up with for less than $1950.

All I can say, is Macbook Pro and others have a lot of work cut out for them.  You'll have to decide for yourself if the ability to run OS X and Windows is worth the $800 premium for the 17" Macbook.  Apple is like to cut prices on the laptops so the premium may not be this extensive this time next month.

Still you have to wonder how anyone can resist this.  Let me highlight this:  Quad-Core, Blu-Ray, 4GB RAM, 512MB GeForce 9600M GT.

Just don't look at the Vista part.  I also took at look at the lower end Macbook and compare it with the Sony SR and HP's dv3500t.  A sort of preview as I decide on what upgrade best works for me.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...