Monday, November 3, 2008

Mobility For Political Nut in 2012

We're not even done with 2008 yet and why am I talking about 2012?

I'm watching CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, CSPAN, and ABC News all at the same time. And I want to go get my hot chocolate from Starbucks. What do I do? Ideally, I want to be able to take them all with me.  But I can't.  Not all the channels.

I can't do that in 2008 so I'm looking forward to 2012. WiMax. Maybe a more liberal 3G policy. Forget 3G. Maybe we can be looking forward to the 4th generation, LTE.

Four years from now, we can also look forward to fast mobile devices that runs not hours per charge but days. We will not have to make sacrifices. No more switching to EDGE because 3G takes up too much power.

We will have instant information that is similar to push mail. Any piece of information you require will be available whenever you want and presented in ways you want.

We will not just have phone calls but video calls. This will happen in four years. Video will be the norm. And it'll happen over wireless broadband.

Not only that, we will choose between traditional wireless providers, providers using AWS-3, Cox's wireless network, or white spaces networks.  It will be affordable, less strictive, and ubiquitous.

More importantly, we will be able to take our television channels with us, wherever we go.  Political junkies, rejoice.  Blogging, Vlogging, Twittering.  They will still be around.

2012.  Ubiquitious wireless broadband, crazy battery life, and new ways to sharing and processing information.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...