Monday, May 26, 2008

EyeTV Streaming

I recently bought a Slingbox AV (from Amazon.com) because my mom wanted to be able to watch her international channels when she's at work (it's her business. She's the boss. So, hey).

Before that I was recording TV shows for her with my EyeTV 250 Plus. For those of you new to the Mac scene, El Gato's EyeTV 250 Plus is an excellent TV tuner that works great with the Mac and is integrated seamlessly with OS X, iTunes, and Apple's family of "i" portable gadgets.



Because her iPhone has only 8GB, I can only put about 4 hours of video for her (san the commercials - I'm a good son). But I got tired of the editing. It's very boring and tedious. Hence the Slingbox.

But the other day a friend e-mailed me with instructions on how to stream EyeTV videos to the iPhone or iPod Touch. I was excited. (It may be possible to watch live EyeTV stream from another computer over LAN.)

But I started thinking about the opportunities the Mac (I've got a Mac Mini) and EyeTV are missing. What if iTunes or EyeTV allows remote streaming? I've asked about this but there isn't a simple way that I have found that lets users stream recorded or live TV streams to another computer or iPhone.

If there's a way to do this easily, drop me a line.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...