Monday, November 17, 2008

Mobility: Creating Our Own Internet With Wi-Fi Routers

I have limited technical skills beyond being able to set up my own Wi-Fi network, implement adequate security measures, and that's really about it.  For a while now, I have talked to friends about how Wi-Fi works and if it is even possible for myself to implement island networks.

What are island networks?

Let me give you an example.  When we were kids, we used to live close to each other.  My neibhbor's kids and my brother went to the same schools.  The neighbor in the back have kids as well.

We would get together to play and like any other kids, at have to go home at the end of the day.  So, being the most imaginative, I said we should create our own telephone with the string and paper cups.  I had big plans.  We would connect our system with other kinds on the block.  Obviously, it barely worked.  I had no technical skill s as a child and the other kids were not as excited about it as I was.

But imagine if it worked.  Not, let's take come back to 00's.  Wi-Fi instead of stringed paper cups.  If multiple Wi-Fi routers are linked together, can you conceivable create your own Internet?  I can see multiple uses for just such a system.

There could be an assortment of private and commercial applications for this.

What do you think?

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...