Monday, December 8, 2008

Onxo Predicts Ten Androids in 2009

I'm not talking about the Commander Data variety.  I'm talking about the G1 and Google variety.

Engadget has a video sowing a new Android phone out of China.  There was another one demo'd last week.  But that isn't important.  What's important is that it's Google-linked mobile OS and it looks like it may be just enough to set the world on fire for the new upstart, albeit, a very very big upstart.

By all accounts, the G1, beta phone that it is, is doing very well and I'm sure Google, developers, and handset makers are learning a lot.  And I, for one, am looking ahead to G2 or G3 and seeing what OS improvements and designs.

As some of you already know, I'm still trying to like my G1.

So, 2009 could be the year Android takes off.  Not bad considering the competition.  What kind of impact will this have on mobile warriors?  It's difficult to say at this time.  A lot of Android models will simply be in China and we'll have to see the global appeal for phones that are sold worldwide.

I think we'll see at least ten with maybe 4-5 models sold in the US and the rest sold only in China.  In fact, I'm hoping those Chinese models will make their ways to the States.  From what I've heard about the iPhone developments due to the lack of Apple presence, I would really like to see the kinds of innovation out of China for Android.

Source: Engadget

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...