Sunday, June 7, 2009

T-MOBILE HACKED! (MOBILE ALERT!)

THIS is very hot.  Spread it around.  According Phandroid, T-Mobile was hacked.  Personally, I'm no too concerned about T-Mobile's internal data being stolen but I'm concerned about the subscriber information that may also be taken and for sale to the highest bidder.

I just got off the phone with T-Mobile.  The guy I spoke with said he's been at work since 2PM EST and his front page (I'm assuming they've got some kind of a bulletin they can go to to find information) has nothing about this.  This is a similar claim for readers and bloggers who have spoken to T-Mobile.  If there is an investigation going on, it's understandable that T-Mobile is cooperating with authorities (I'm sure its competitors are also cooperating as well).

For fellow mobile users who are T-Mobile customers, just be aware  and if we hear more, we'll let you know about it.  It's a matter of time before official word from T-Mobile comes.

How legitimate is this claim?  Well, I'm not a server guy, programmer, or remotely involved in the business, just an mobile fan.  But according to a post in insecure.org and some readers, the claim seems very real.

Via  Engadget, Slashdot (More details here)

Note:  I have a G1 so...

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...