Tuesday, September 15, 2009

iPhone And Blackberry Users: Start Erasing your WSJ App

WSJ is currently free to read on the iPhones and Blackberries.  Enjoy it while you can.  New owner, Rupert of News Corp wants to start charging us for using it.  I guess you and I haven't been click on the ads in the app.

Mobile users will be charged $2 a week to use it while traditional WSJ subscribers will be jacked for $1 a week.  Right on, Murdoch.

Anyway, it's his paper and he can do whatever he wants.  Anyway, WSJ will start charging in "one to two months".  

I'm not bitter about this.  I knew it was coming.  I'm sure other papers are eager to see how this experiment works out.  Personally, I think there are better ways to do this.

I think the best way, my way, is to create a newspaper exchange.  Readers can subscribe to it and papers are paid based on the readership.  This way, we don't have to say $2 here and $2 there.  Honestly, if each paper start charging, which I'm okay with, it will get messy.  

Anyway, if you've installed the WSJ app on your iPhone like I have, enjoy it while you can for free unless you are willing to pay for it.  I don't read enough of it to justify paying for it.  

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...