Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thank The Higher Power, Or Powers, For Mobile Tech

Religious services are something that has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.  I've been to just about every kind of known services of the major religions except in a mosque for Muslim services (I don't have any close Muslim friend.  Deficit that is my loss I'm sure).  I've yet to witness an exorcism performed and I would like to see one some day.  Okay, perhaps not.

I've always felt believing in God or deities are fine except I'm not always convinced they want us to take time out just to learn how to be a better person.  I rather think they want us to follow their examples.  They'd want user to be doers.  But I do appreciate the community of religious gatherings such as Christmas services.

But boy, I simply don't want to be there at times.  You know what I'm talking about.  So mobile tech.  Yeah, I've been using my iPhone to surf the web while I'm in a temple or church.  I'm not so rude that I will listen to the iPod where it's obvious to everyone else around me of what I'm doing.

Still, as intolerable as my behaviors might be to some folks, I'm willing to come clean and be honest about it.  And yes, when there is something I deemed interesting, I listen to it and get inspired.  I even type in stuff I learn at services.

All in all, it's perfectly standard behavior to bring tech into religion.  Just make sure you turn off any sound.  The folks there tend to be more touchy than folks in movie theaters and lecture halls.

Note:  Some churches have their own one-man tech department.  Perhaps they might even have Wi-Fi.    Ask and only them for access.  I find them to be more understandable than anyone else in charge there.

Another note:  I wrote this with a tinge of humor.  If that's lost, it's because I suck at this.  Having said that, it's better I look like I'm awake doing something sitting down than dozing off with drool coming off the corner of my mouth.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...