Friday, January 8, 2010

Tegra 2 Makes Nvidia My New Favorite Mobile Company

Nvidia's move in mobile makes me think of a BASF commercial that runs in the US. Its tag line is something along the line of ""We don't make a lot of the products you buy. We make a lot of the products you buy better".

That's what comes to mind when at the CES and Nvidia's new Tegra 2 chip. So, keep in mind of this when you get your tablet or slate this year.

As for whether Apple's iTablet will use it or not (I'm guessing not), I might end up with something that uses Tegra 2 regardless. Why? Just because it's it come a lot of things that I as a mobile warrior would want if I don't carry my Macbook with me.

And it's too bad too since I'm going on a trip this weekend.

So, Nvidia, your mobile GPU can be sucky (and defective) but you made it up with this new mobile chip. I hope to see you leverage more of your GPU expertise in the the mobile market. I think you can give Intel a major headache in this arena. I'm in your corner.

Now, somebody make me a 10" tablet running Android 2.1 using Tegra 2, and I'll buy it in an instant!

More about Tegra later.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...