Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MacGyver App - Is There An App For That?

If you don't know who MacGyver is, keep moving. Just kidding. You must know who MacGyver is! Okay, I'm going to assume you know who he is. If now, here's a wiki link for that.

A few days ago, I read about an app that that allows other people to know that you're choking.  I didn't know that at first.  I thought it was an app that shows you what to do when someone else is choking.  As a matter of fact, I've got an app called "PocketCPR".  It provides step by step instruction on performing CPR.

But I'm looking for more than just a one trick app.  I'm looking for a MacGyver app.  See, MacGyver has the ability find a solution to a difficult situation with just things lying around.  Now, I don't play on infiltrating a Russian prison to break out a political prisoner.  However, knowing that peeing on the stop by a jellyfish is something that's good to know.

And if I'm ever stranded in the middle of nowhere, knowing how to start a fire with a couple of twigs could go a long way between survival and freezing to death.

I'm looking for an app that provides rudimentary survival skills, first aid instructions, and other common sense ideas.  I can see many mobile users buy and download these life-how-to apps, wouldn't you?

Maybe the actor who played MacGyver, Richard Dean Anderson, should get into the app business.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...