Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Facebook & Privacy: Ultimate Protector of Privacy Is You

I’ve railed against Facebook’s privacy policies multiple. Sure. I’m old-fashion about my privacy.

Still, I marvel at FB’s audacity and for recognizing that its user base might be readily open to the possibility of changes in perception of privacy.

Ultimately, it comes down to personal responsibility. Bottom-line: don’t share information or things that will come back to haunt you. Use your brain.

That’s really the gist of it, don’t you think?

Also, there's heavy chatter about Facebook getting into geo-tagging a la Foursquare. Be warned, my fellow mobile warriors.

Note: When I learned about Facebook's new Open Graph, my initial reaction was "this is freakin' brilliant". After I've digested it, my second thought was "this isn't good..."

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...