Monday, May 3, 2010

Travel Blogs - Every Mobile Uer Can Create One

Recently, I've joined a group of friends on Thursday night trips around town trying different types of food and going to venues I ordinarily won't go by myself.  It's been a lot of fun and I sort of document the experience on Twitter and Facebook.

It got me thinking about an old LA show called "Eye On LA".  It was a weekly show about the richness of Los Angeles.  It's culture, food, and people.  And of course, there's Hollywood.  Now, we've got the Travel Channel that shows off different parts of the world.  I suppose that's what they do since I don't watch it.

Then there's the Food Channel that at times takes the audience to different parts of the world to sample the food.  My mom is particularly interested in Japanese cooking so we try to find stuff like that for her.

But with mobile technology these days, the smartphones, digital cameras and camcorders, and a variety of ways for users to share their pictures and experiences with users, it is entirely possible for people to create a travel log as they go out on the town and show their readers, I supposely, mostly friends and family, what their experiences are like.

There's the obvious privacy issue but this is the age of Facebook and Twitter.  Privacy is different from when I was growing up.  It's different today from even the early 2000s.  So the mobile user will need to gauge his or her comfort level in sharing such an experience.

Personally, my sharing consists of updating from Foursquare to my Facebook account and update thoughts on Twitter.  Occasionally, I upload pictures.

But I can totally make the whole experience richer and engaging if I wanted to.  Certainly, it's something you might consider doing out your outings.  It doesn't have to be a trip to Europe.  Last time, we visited seven different places to eat and drink in one night and traveled from one end of town to the other.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...