Friday, July 9, 2010

Flip or Phone Cam Better For Video?

I had an opportunity to play with an iPhone 4 for a week and I loved it. And I'm loving the fact that the recent rash of mobile devices are capable of shooting decent 720p video. Of course, most of them are still outdone in terms of quality by the Flip HD which I had an opportunity to spend a lot of time with recently.

So, which is better? Well, here goes. It depends.


I'm contemplating going commando on wireless for a while just to see how I adapt. To see what I would do with all my free time. I'm not swearing off the Internet just wireless Internet via cellular connection. So, I might not be carry around an iPhone or a Galaxy.

Which means that if I want quick video shots, it's the Flip or another instant video recorder like it. Of course, I've also got my dedicated HD camcorder that I still use quite often. But let's admit it, it's a drag you know if you just want to take quick videos.

But if you're going to go with a smart device like the iPhone, I suppose you wouldn't need a Flip for instant video shots. But if you're like where I might be in a few weeks, no smartphone, the Flip works better.

And if you're worried about quality, you can forget about either the smartphone or the Flip. You need to get yourself a dedicated HD camcorder.

Anyway, once I figure out where I'm going to be wirelessly (or lack of cellular Internet), I'll come back and let you know what I decide.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...