Saturday, August 21, 2010

Even My Mom Is Excited About NFC

I told my mom about near field communications. You know, bring able to use mobile devices like the iPhone to pay for goods and services.

After she was done reminding me how this will help me because I'm always losing my wallet but not my phone, she realized the advantage this will have for her business as well. Of course, here business doesn't involve retail but I think NFC will go beyond retail and even get into business-to-business transactions.

I told her it would still be years before this becomes a reality. After all, it is taking Starbucks so long to roll out payment through the iPhone that is only limited to selected stores.

Now, if only the DMV will also create an app that substitute for identification or license to via mobile devices, then I can truly ditch my wallet.

-- Post From My iPad

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...