Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WiMax in Big Cities - SF & NYC

Consider how hard Clearwire had been working on getting WiMax ready against T-Mobile's supercharged HSPA+ and Verizon's LTE, I still wonder why there are still no WiMax in many of the major cities.

Well, wonder no more. San Francisco is getting ready to be turned out while just a bit ago, I learned that New York City's WiMax access is live.

So what about LA where I live? I can only hope that we will soon follow. Personally, I am angling for a mifi instead of an EVO or Epic.

Sure, I can wait for LTE from Verizon which promises to be faster than WiMax. But I would rather go with a T-Mobile wireless data plan since I am a long time customer but I have not heard a peep about a mifi solution from them (they offer three USB modem sticks). And I have not considered Verizon Wireless because of their perpetual evilness and I just don't think they'll will have as compelling plans as Clearwire. Oh and ATT isn't even in the game at all.

So I guess I have no choice but to wait. And it better be freaking worth it. Plus, I am in the midst of my no-wireless experiment.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod touch

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...