Thursday, March 17, 2011

Harper Collins To Charge Libraries For Being A Library That Lends eBooks

I want to reserve judgment on this until we see where this goes. HarperCollins is gong to start charging libraries for licensing fees. That means they want taxpayers like you and I to pay for a service that some folks use on a regular basis.

As a taxpayer, I think libraries are great but I'm not sure I like companies to make money off of public institutions like this. And perhaps, HarperCollins is simply using this as a negotiation ploy or they're just afraid like every other old media about the new media future.

More at Greenjava.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...