Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cloud Security - Something To Consider And Worry About

Last week, Epsilon, email service company entrusted by dozens of companies to manage their customer emails, was hacked. Google was attacked repeated by hackers in China a year ago. Now, we learn that Wordpress was also hacked.

So I ask this. If this can happen to these companies, ones that we rely on more and more for our mobile computing needs, what is the worth of cloud computing?

Can this happen to Google Apps? Lots of people swear by Dropbox and can it also happen to it as well?

Is the convenience of having our data worth the risk? I guess we'll find out when that day comes. Personally, I keep a copy of all of my files locally and sync them whenever I get a chance.

I thinks that's the best way to go about this. I know that Google is pushing Chrome OS as the future of cloud computing. Microsoft and Apple are probably moving in that direction as well. But Chrome OS will be on the extreme.

I just don't know if I am ready to send my files somewhere and receive no assurance that the service will not be hacked.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod touch

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...