Sunday, August 21, 2011

Green: Public Transportation Maps Need Better Design

First, let me say that I am not the only one. There are more than a fee now who are feeling the same thing I am now. Public transportation in the LA area needs work but the worst is its maps.

Who designed them!?

They're horrible. Unless you're a seasoned rider, you're out of your element. I am at the station waiting for my train only to find out in small print that it's not due to start running until later this fall.

I don't get why they're printing something now on a map for the current schedule but have such a small print at the bottom. Again, seasoned riders probably know to be more careful but for novice riders like me and others, we had no idea.

One guy here probably has to find another way home somehow because his line was closed.

You've got Metrolink, Amtrak, and who knows what else.

Then there are the different bus lines that crisscross the whole county. It's madness.

There are plenty of us who want to give public transportation a try to help with the green effort. The powers that be has to try to make this easier for casual riders.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...