Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kill Dictator Moammar Gadhafi - Sounding Off

Libyan Dictator Moammar Gadhafi is dead. Good riddance. A part of me think that. Actually, a large part of me think that. But at the same time, maybe it's the more worldly me that also think how justified this was.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad such an evil man is gone. And I've got a list of baddies that I like to see removed from power. The key word is "removed". Back in junior high and high school, probably in college too, I would not have think twice about the legality of such an issue.

We got rid of Saddam, Hussein, and now Moammar (I've seen like seven different ways to spell his names) and maybe we'll see real change in Libya. Both Iraq and Libya have oil money that could really make things better for their citizens if they want.

I guess what I'm saying is that these days, "remove" for me comes with an asterisk. On the case of Egypt and Libya, it was an internal struggle. The key difference was that Moammar was killing and torturing its people. Using its armed forces to decimate its own people.

Maybe we should get involved in Syria too?  I'm serious.  I don't see why we should not get involved there.  Plus, it's remove close ally and puppet to Tehran.  But before we do that, maybe we need to get the permission of the UN or the Arab League.


Then we'll unleash the Predators.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...