Thursday, May 9, 2013

Social: Facebook's Privacy Problem Could Be Easy As Paid Service

I don't like Facebook at all.  I'm sure you know that by now.  However, I do recognize the desire for people to want to connect.  I'm a social creature myself.  I love being around people and talking to them.  And I also recognize that over time, you might lose touch with some folks.  And Facebook is a good place to stay in touch.

But ohhhh!!!  It's so maddening that in order to do that, we have to sell our privacy (and likely souls) to Zucker and Co.

So, what if there was a way to do it without Facebook selling us to their advertisers.  It's how Facebook provide its services to us for free.  It's how Google search and its apps are free.  Advertising.

Maybe Facebook and others should consider a paid service to those willing to pay for using their services on the promise (an airtight promise) that our information would never be divulged to outsiders and/or third parties.

Would you go for that?  And how much would you be willing to spend to achieve that level of privacy on a social network?

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...