Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mobile Tip: Extending Laptop Battery from Mac OS X Tips

Alright, so the tip came from a Mac and Apple centric site but the underlying technology for laptop batteries is about the same for everyone.

We've done mobile battery tips on Onxo in the past and now, this site has given us one with clear explanations and how we can extend battery life.  You have no idea how much I baby my batteries.  From my Powerbook to the MacWind to my iPhone and G1.  Oh, and the XO too.

I've done a few battery and energy posts in the past and most of the time, it comes down the fact that batteries are not self-sustaining.  What do I mean by that?  It means after a few hundred cycles, your battery start to loose its original capacity.  There simply is no way to bring it back up to where it once was.    Retaining 80-90% of a battery's original charge after 300 or so cycles as most batteries are capable of doing these days is still quite good but I simply don't like to lose those minutes.  It just bugs me.

So, the best thing is to do what you can take care of your batteries, be it mobile devices like your iPhone or laptop.  Take a look at this worthy article.  A lot of the settings they talk about are for the OS X but there are similar functions on Windows too.

Via Mac OS X Tips

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...