Monday, January 12, 2009

Mobile Tip: Windows 7

Some of us felt burnt by Vista.  Now, Microsoft has quickly released Windows 7 beta for the general public.  

Well, I, for one, am looking forward to Windows 7.  XP is great but I do want a modern 64-bit OS for my Athlon and, maybe, even my Macbook.  

So, if there's anyone else out there in the same boat as I am, this is what you can do.  Download virtual PC from Microsoft which is free.  Download a copy of Windows 7, which is also free during the beta period.

I'm trying to see if I can install Windows 7 on top of Virtual PC to give it a try.  The beta ends on August 1, 2009, which is plenty of time to get used to it.  And if you don't like it, you simply delete the installation and not have to worry about it screwing up your XP or Vista setup.


Note:  You might have some trouble downloading Windows 7.  Just keep trying or do it during off hours.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...