Monday, January 12, 2009

Windows 7: Successfully Installed

Early I mentioned my fellow mobile warriors about giving Windows 7 a try given how much publicity it's receiving.  Honestly, I rather give Windows Mobile 7 a try, you know, whenever it finally arrives.  But for now, let's talk about Windows 7.

It's fast!  Easy.  And for a beta, it's quite stable.  I've only given it a try for the last four hours but from what I've read (I read and read as much as I can find about crashes and such first), it's very stable.

On the surface, it isn's all that different from Vista but maybe it's "Windows 7" and not "Vista" that I'm a bit more optimistic about it.  Don't get me wrong, there is a feel to Vista I don't feel lags like I sometimes get or weird warnings that pop up when I tried to digging into Windows 7 the way Vista likes to annoy users with.

Now, installation.  That was a breeze.  Nothing complicated.  Setting up the network.  Now, how do I say this?  Freaking easy!  I can't believe how easy it is.  It's Leopard easy.  XP wasn't this easy.  Not even close.  Vista.  Man, the times I wanted to take a bat to it.

I'm still messing around with it but if you want to move beyond XP but you're trying to avoid Vista or aren't ready for a Mac, give Windows 7 a try.  The beta will last through August.  You've got more than seven months to take it for a spin.

No comments:

Apple Should Prepare to Leave China (There Is Still Time To Execute Such A Plan)

At first glance, you might think that the title of this article is a clickbait considering that China is the second biggest economy in the w...